Excursionologist – \ik-ˈskər-zhən- ä-le-jist\
- One who passionately studies the art of getting out and exploring life by taking a variety of trips, journeys, and outings.
- A Psychologist who loves to go on excursions!!
Excursionista – \ik-ˈskər-zhə-ˈnēstə\
- One who follows the belief that life happens out there and is determined to see, do, and live as much as possible.
- An individual who is an avid follower of excursionologist.com!!
Hello Fellow Excursionistas!!!
My name is Jackie and I’m the excursioning psychologist behind excursionologist.com! I’m here to help inspire and encourage YOU to get out in the world and do things so that you can get the most out of life. As a psychologist, I am well aware of the benefits of new experiences on mental health and well-being. As a fellow human being, I believe that life happens out there, and I agree with the numerous people who have stated that we generally regret the things we don’t do more than the things we do.
By following my excursions I hope you…..
- Get ideas about fun activities to do and places to visit
- Get tips about how to make excursioning more feasible for you (from info about money to traveling with less anxiety)
- Learn from my nearly 10 years of experience as a therapist to further enhance your personal growth as you get out excursioning
- Have FUN while following our stories and maybe even laugh a little (sidenote: my family is known for vacation mishaps at times and I may have fractured my foot a week before my destination wedding)
It is my mission to help you See. Do. and Live. in whatever way I can.
Some things about me:
- I have a love affair with exclamation points. (Although I like to think it’s just all of my passion shining through!!!)
- Some might say I have a weird and unexplainable habit of making accidental puns.
- I have been a practicing licensed psychologist since 2009, I frequently utilize mindfulness-based interventions in my work, and I am a Registered Yoga Teacher at the 200-hour level. Visit The Couch for more self-help related items such as meditations and yoga you can use while traveling!
- You might catch me fervently practicing my photography skills so I can live out my fantasy of one day being as extraordinary as Vivian Maier (seriously, if you haven’t heard of her or seen her work please check it out.)